Trinity Academy provides a comprehensive college counseling program that offers individualized support for every Trinity family, utilizing the most current college resources available.
We begin early freshmen year with a college visit to raise awareness of the academic record they are building and the process involved. The programming builds each year in an age-appropriate manner to include visiting speakers on the admissions process, college essays, and financial aid. Along the way, students are offered opportunities to learn more about themselves through self-assessment inventories and career fairs. Juniors and Seniors meet individually with a college counselor for personal guidance through the college process.
Understanding that the college process can be a stressful as well as an exciting time, we aim to equip students and their families with knowledge and provide an encouraging perspective. Ultimately, our program seeks to provide encouragement, guidance, and support so that all Trinity students may find and fulfill the purpose and plans God has for their lives.
Susan Dougherty, Director of College Counseling
Upper School Profile
Click 2016-17 School Profile to review a profile of our Upper School.
Resources for Students and Families
Click here to request a transcript. For more information, please contact:
Office of Registrar
10224 Baileywick Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27613
Upcoming College Events (2016-17)
- 8/04 – Optional College Application Workshop / seniors (10 am-12 pm)
- 8/09 – Optional College Application Workshop / seniors (3:30-5:30 pm)
- 8/17 – Colleges that Change Lives Presentation and College Fair – Sheraton Chapel Hill, 1 Europa Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517 (7:00-8:30 pm) – more info
- 8/24 – College Application Workshop / seniors (3:05pm, Library)
- 8/29 – Junior Class College Meeting / juniors and parents (3:05pm, Library)
- 9/09 – Freshmen to Elon University (9am-3pm)
- 9/10 – ACT
- 10/01 – SAT
- 10/19 – PSAT for 9th-11th grade students (8:10-11:30am, Upper School)
- 10/19 – Senior Class College Application Work Day/Mock Interview Session (8:10-11:30 am, Library)
- 10/22 – ACT
- 11/05 – SAT
- 11/15 (tentative date) Financing a College Education – Cary Academy
- 12/03 – SAT
- 12/07 – Junior Class College Night – a parent and student are required to attend (6-7pm, Atrium)
- 12/10 – ACT
- 1/3 – Alumni Luncheon for seniors, high school teachers/staff, and alumni (11:30am-1pm, Founders Hall)
- 1/21 – SAT
- 2/11 – ACT
- 2/16 – Sophomore Class College Night – a parent and student are required to attend, and parents of freshmen are also welcome (7pm, Atrium)
- 3/11 – SAT
- TBD – National College Fair (4:30-7:30pm, Raleigh Convention Center)
- 5/06 – SAT
- 5/01-5/12 – AP Exams
- 5/01 – AP Chemistry (8am)
- 5/02 – AP Spanish Language (8am)
- 5/05 – AP US History (8am)
- 5/05 – AP Studio Art portfolios due
- 5/09 – AP Calculus AB (8am)
- 5/10 – AP English Language and Composition (8am)
- 5/12 – AP Euro History (12pm)
- 5/12 – AP Latin (12pm)
- Week of 5/15 – Junior Class College Meeting (3:05-4pm, Library)
- Week of 5/15 – College Application Essay presentation for Junior Class (guest speaker, Library)
To view ACT locations click here.
To view SAT locations click here.
Researching and Applying to College
Financial Aid Calculators