A big thank you again to PATT for sponsoring our assembly this week! The opera performance was highly engaging for our students and the group stated that our students were one of their best audiences ever!
Lessons & Carols
Lessons & Carols is quickly approaching in a little over a month! As a reminder, this event will be on Thursday, December 17th at Christ Baptist Church at 7 pm. Please feel free to invite extended family as well as neighbors or other family friends! All of our Lower School students will be participating and will need to wear dressy attire. Additional details will be coming next week via an email from Ms. Nelson. I look forward to this worship opportunity with our entire community!
Our next Chapel on Wednesday, November 11th is Veterans Day. While Chapel will follow the usual format, we would like to honor and recognize our Veterans during the program. If there is someone important to your child who is a Veteran, please invite them to join us for Chapel on Wednesday, November 11th. Our Chapel begins at 8:15 am in Founders Hall.
Where is Stripes?
Stripes has returned to Mrs. Fatheree’s second grade class. Last week, as they were waiting on lunch, they started telling me (of their own volition) Latin words they had been learning. That led to a mini-conversation and before I knew it they were all singing the different parts of the body that they knew in Latin! As soon as they finished singing, one student said, “Faster now!” and the whole class again did the song but faster! They did not earn their Stripes by demonstrating their Latin knowledge; rather, they earned their Stripes for their spontaneous enthusiasm and the joy they expressed for learning! However, they do know they cannot burst into a Latin song every time I enter their classroom!
Mark your calendars
• Friday & Saturday, November 6-7 – Upper School Theatre Arts Performances (order tickets here before 3pm Friday or purchase tickets at the door)
• Friday, November 13 at 7 pm – Class of 2016 Pampered Chef Fundraiser – Atrium
• Monday-Friday, November 23-27 – Thanksgiving Break – No school for staff or students
• Wednesday, November 25 (5pm) – Christmas Tree orders are due.
• Wednesday, December 2 – Progress reports posted by 8:00 (grades 2-6)
• Thursday, December 17 – Lessons & Carrols at 7:00 pm (Christ Baptist Church)
• Friday, December 18 – Early release day and All School Christmas Chapel 8:15 am (please join us!)