I hope that everyone had a great Fall Break and that your family found the time to be restful and refreshing! As a reminder, with October 31st coming up, costumes are not to be worn to school on Friday, October 30th.
Report cards will be emailed to you Monday, October 26th by Holly Gillon, our school registrar. Ms. Gillon is not able to begin this process until after school so your student’s report card may not be emailed until Monday night. If you have not received a report card by Tuesday morning, please email her at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding grades or comments on report cards, please contact your student’s teacher to schedule a time to meet to discuss your questions in-depth. Note for parents of our TK students: you will not receive an emailed report card but will instead receive a paper copy on Monday.
There have been several students at Trinity who have received a variety of individual awards or honors during this first quarter. Please join me in congratulating these students for their accomplishments!
- Trinity had two students earn a spot in Honors Chorus! Congratulations to Justin B (6th) and Lilly B (5th) for being selected as part of the NC Elementary Honors Chorus! There were almost 800 auditions from students across North Carolina this year and we are excited to have two students representing Trinity Academy in the chorus!
- The Lower School had several students have art work displayed at an exhibit at the North Carolina State Fair. Congratulations to Ellie V, Kayla S, and Emily G from 6th grade as well as Patrick D (5th), Maddie K (4th), and Evey B (3rd)! Look for their work in the Kerr Scott Building if you are at the fair this weekend!
Upper School Fall Theatre
The Upper School theatre class will be conducting their fall performance on Friday, November 6th and Saturday, November 7th at 7:00. They will also perform a portion for grades 4-8 on Friday, November 6th at a 1pm matinee. Students saw part of the play during the Family Assembly earlier this week. The play is Arsenic and Old Lace which is a dark comedy that is humorous because of over-the-top the performances via significant physical comedy. Deaths/murders are referred to but never seen on stage. While grades 4-8 will get to see a portion of this on Friday, November 6th, please consider coming out with your family at 7:00 pm Friday or Saturday evening for the full performance! You can order tickets in advance via this link.
Mark your calendars
- Monday, October 26th – Report Cards posted on PlusPortals for first quarter
- Friday, October 30th – Poinsettia Orders are due (order here)
- Friday & Saturday, November 6-7 – Upper School Theatre Arts Performances (order tickets here)