Dear Lower School Families,
I hope that the first few weeks of summer have gone well for your family! I wanted to share a couple of updates as the month of June comes to a close.
ERB results will be mailed home, to the primary mailing address on file, for grades 2-8 on or around July 7. Additional information about how to use/read your ERB results will be emailed to families in those grades next week. We have attempted to combine score reports for siblings into one envelope.
July Office Hours
Please note that Trinity Academy is closed the week of July 4th. Our normal summer office hours are 9:00 am -2:00 pm. As a reminder, if you wish to meet with me, please schedule a meeting in advance as I may not be working on-campus every day.
Class lists for next year will be shared on Friday, August 4th along with teacher assignments. Historically, we enroll Lower School students through July so by waiting until August to finalize rosters we have flexibility with class placement for new students. For those with a TK/Kindergarten student, this is when staggered entry dates will be announced as well.
Find all the information you need about school supplies using this link. You can purchase using ClassBundl and have items shipped to your home or print the lists and shop locally. It’s your choice!
We have used the first few weeks of summer in a most productive way, here are just a few samples:
- Lower School teachers, along with a few Upper School teachers, participated in a workshop on how to most effectively utilize data from ERB reports to drive instruction, both at the classroom level as well as individual student level.
- Our entire faculty and staff participated in a field trip to the NC Museum of Natural Sciences where we experienced the exhibit: RACE: Are We So Different? Read my reflection from the trip here.
- If you have been at Trinity the past few weeks, you may have noticed a mess in some of the hallways! Summertime is when Lower School floors are buffed and waxed, however we are also repurposing a space in the Administration Building. This area, directly across from the 6th grade classrooms will be a “maker-space” next year. The month of June was spent preparing that space for the transition and now we can begin to install the technology to create our Innovation Lab.
- A reminder that our Music Lessons program has added strings (violin, viola, & cello) in addition to continuing to offer piano and guitar (acoustic, electric, bass)! More information can be found online.
Trinity Welcomes New Staff
I am excited to welcome some new staff to Trinity Academy, although only one will be serving in the Lower School. As announced previously, Mr. Chris Jepsen will be joining the Lower School as a first-grade teacher! Read my previous introduction of Chris, here. You’ll be interested to learn more about his Trinity connection.
I am also excited to welcome two new Humanities teachers to the Upper School: Lower School Trinity parent Mrs. Meghan Ranieri and 2013 Trinity graduate Mr. Zach Long!
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, August 21st – Lower School Parent/Teacher Meetings (parent only event) at 5:30 & 6:00 PM.
- Administrative overview and prayer at 5:00 and 6:30 PM.
- Tuesday, August 22nd – LS Meet the Teacher from 10:00AM until noon (excellent time to bring school supplies)
- Wednesday, August 23rd – first day of school (early release); note that TK/K are in staggered entry all week
- Thursday, August 31st – Picture Day
- Monday, September 4th – No school
- Saturday, September 16th – An Exceptional Evening
- Tuesday, September 26th – Early Release (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
- Wednesday, September 27th – No school (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
Lower School Head