Spirit Week & Homecoming (Friday, October 6th) Details
Trinity is excited to celebrate homecoming on Friday, October 6th! After school, we invite all LS families and students to join us for a fun afternoon that includes:
- LS parade (3:30 pm start time, please line up at 3:20 pm)
- Please note all students still need to be picked up within the normal afternoon carpool timeframe although you are welcome to stay on campus with your child(ren) immediately after school.
- Students who go to Camp Trinity for after school care will be able to participate in the LS parade but will not be able to participate in any other homecoming activities until picked up by an adult (you can coordinate with Camp Trinity if you want a different adult to pick up your child).
- Inflatables (Rock-climbing wall, bounce house, obstacle course (4:00 pm until dark)
- Walk of Champions (4:25 pm)
- Varsity soccer game 4:30 pm (FREE admission).
- Homecoming Court presentation at halftime of soccer game, (approximately 5:10 pm)
- Concessions (supporting PATT) will be available right after school until dark. Choices will include chicken and salads from PDQ, hot dogs, pizza and of course sodas, chips, popcorn, and candy. The Senior Class will host a Bake Sale to support their class trip to Italy. You are also welcomed to bring a picnic! Be sure to bring a blanket or chair to watch the soccer game.
What else is happening during Spirit Week?
- Spirit attire is allowed for certain days! See below for additional details but please note that it varies by grade. Students who opt out of participating should wear their regular uniform. Students who participate should make sure the spirit attire is not a distraction to the educational environment and are requested to follow the principles of the dress code.
- There will be high school student-led pep rallies for smaller groups on Tuesday, October 3rd. These are unique opportunities for older students to celebrate Homecoming with younger students who have an enthusiasm and excitement that is contagious!
- There will be a pep rally on Friday, October 6th. The Lower School pep rally begins at 1:50 pm. They will be joined by the Upper School at 2:20 pm for a Whole School Pep Rally. All Lower School students will be dismissed from the Pep Rally at 2:30 pm to prepare for carpool. Upper School will remain for their own pep rally. Please feel free to join us!
- Prior to the Varsity Soccer game, Lower School students are invited to join the Varsity Cheerleaders as they form a tunnel for the team to walk through on their way to the field (Walk of Champions). This is expected to be at 4:25 pm.
- The senior class is selling Homecoming Spirit Shirts. They can be purchased via this link but all orders need to be submitted by Monday, September 18th. Shirts should arrive in time for Friday, October 6th and can be worn as part of the Black & Gold spirit attire.
Spirit Dress Information
Lower School will participate in Spirit Week with fun dress days. We are excited to build school spirit, however, our goal is to also remain academically focused. To help us achieve both goals, different grade levels will celebrate Spirit Week as is age appropriate for them. As with all types of dress days, students may continue to wear their Trinity uniform, if they choose. For those who wish to participate, families are asked to make sure that the clothing applies to the principles of the dress code and will not be distracting to your student or their peers, in the classroom. Lower School dress days are different from Upper School and are as follows:
Monday, October 2:
- TK-2nd grade: Regular uniform to help maintain academic focus for the younger grades
- 3rd-6th grade: Sports day – Dress in attire associated with your favorite team (college or professional)
- No cleats or additional objects such as balls
- Jeans allowed or regular uniform shorts/skirt; no athletic shorts (unless it is a PE day and wearing Trinity PE shorts)
Tuesday, Oct 3:
Trinity’s Lower School is partnering with the Upper School House system to increase authentic engagement between Lower School and Upper School students.
- TK-6th: House color – Jeans allowed or regular uniform shorts/skirt; wear a shirt that is the color associated with your class below. Shirts with design should primarily show the color for that house and all designs/writing on shirts must be school appropriate.
- Mrs. Rennie, Mrs. Rutherford, & Mrs. Talley – Paired with Baxter House which is RED
- Mrs. Knudsen, Mr. Jepsen, Mrs. Smith, & Mrs. Scrudato – Paired with Craig House which is GREEN
- Mrs. Fatheree, Miss Burrows, & 6th grade – Paired with MacLennan which is PURPLE
- Mrs. Poole, Miss Goolsby, & Mrs. Gentile – Paired with Urquhart which is BLUE
Wednesday, Oct. 4:
- Regular uniform (No theme attire out of respect for chapel)
Thursday, Oct. 5:
- TK-6th: Dress to represent your favorite holiday!
- Please do not allow your child to wear a Halloween costume as they do not represent the holiday itself. Some suggested holidays could include Valentine’s, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Veterans Day, July 4th, etc.
- Also, out of respect for different family choices please do not dress as Santa Claus. This will help us avoid conversations amongst our youngest students at an age where they are not ready to understand different choices families may make regarding Santa Claus.
Friday, Oct. 6:
- TK-6th: Friday – Black and Gold Day
- See attached dress code guidelines for Black & Gold Day specifics
Mark Your Calendar
- Saturday, September 16th – An Exceptional Evening, 6pm Founders Hall – The event is full. If you have RSVP’d and your plans have changed, please contact Courtney Woodfin at email@example.com right away. Please note that Camp Trinity childcare is also full. No walk-up childcare will be available.
- Wednesday, September 20th – LS Chapel (Pastor Finley & Mr. Breazeale speaking)
- Tuesday, September 26th – Early Release (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
- Wednesday, September 27th – No school (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
- Friday, October 6 – PATT Fall Family Picnic and Homecoming
- Wednesday, October 18th – Dress Rehearsal for Grandparents Day, families are invited to attend at 8:15 am. Lower School Open House
- Friday, October 20th – Grandparents Day & Whole School Early Release (LS @ 11:45 am)
Lower School Head