I cannot believe that May is already here! We have 3 academic weeks remaining before we wrap-up the school year during that fourth and final week after Memorial Day. Please help encourage your student to remain focused on academics even as it starts to feel more and more like summer!
We will cancel any of the July enrichment classes that do not have the minimum registrants enrolled by May 31. If you plan to register, please do so before May 31 to make sure that your preferred opportunity is not cancelled!
A reminder that these new opportunities can be found online and include opportunities for students to engage with science, paper crafts, writing, Greek, Hebrew, and more!
Value of a classical, Christian education
As we approach the end of the year, there are several opportunities for you to see Trinity’s innovative classical learning model come to fruition in the lives of our graduates. The attachment contains highlights about some of our alumni, while the list below pertains to the Class of 2017.
- During the week of May 15th our Trinity seniors will present their theses, the capstone to a Trinity education. The full schedule will be included in next week’s Tiger Tales. I encourage you to attend a few of these to see the final culmination of the grammar, logic, and rhetoric stages of education at Trinity.
- The Baccalaureate Service at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 26th is an opportunity to reflect with the seniors and to hear Upper School faculty pray, specifically, over each senior.
- Our Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, May 27th at 9:30 am is a true picture of our close-knit community. Many alumni will return and even take the stage for the traditional singing of “An Irish Blessing.” You will hear from our valedictorian and salutatorian as well as hear Dr. Littlejohn’s words of encouragement prior to seeing each senior receive their diploma as they walk across the stage.
- While on social media, use the hashtag #trinityacademyalumni to see what alumni of Trinity Academy are accomplishing in the world – some highlights are in the included attachment!
Field Day Details
Below are several details to help you plan for the field day on Tuesday, May 30th:
- Be sure that your student is wearing sunscreen
- There will be several “stations” where students take a break, in shade, to cool down throughout the day
- The majority of the outside time will conclude around noon, allowing students to have lunch inside their classrooms to cool down.
- Around 1:00 pm the Lower School will reconvene in Founders Hall for a few final activities
- What to wear? Typical Black & Gold dress code, with the modification that instead of a Trinity t-shirt, students may wear the t-shirt of any athletic team (local, collegiate, or professional).
- We recommend that you avoid black and dark colored shirts
- We also recommend that you avoid white t-shirts as there are water games (although no student should be completely soaked if they’re following directions)
- We encourage Trinity Academy PE shorts as they are the only athletic shorts allowed
As a reminder, parent volunteers are still needed – please sign up via this link.
Mark Your Calendars
- Week of May 15th – Senior Thesis presentations (a schedule is included in Tiger Tales. These presentations are open to visitors although we ask that no small children attend.)
- Wednesday, May 17th – Middle School Academic/Athletic Awards (8:15 AM in Founders Hall; note that 6th grade students are eligible for athletic awards)
- Friday, May 26th – Baccalaureate Service (7:30 PM in Founders Hall)
- Saturday, May 27th – Graduation (9:30 AM in Founders Hall)
- Tuesday, May 30th – LS Field Day
- Wednesday, May 31st – LS Awards Ceremony (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & 6th Grade Promotion Ceremony (9:45 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for 6th grade students
- Thursday, June 1st – End-of-year praise & worship service (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony (10:00 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for students
Lower School Head