Hot lunch: Beginning Monday, May 22nd through the end of the school year, Trinity Academy will not be able to provide any student, who forgot their lunch, with a meal. Please be sure that you have ordered a hot lunch for the last few days of school or that you provide your student with a packed (non-microwavable) lunch.
Outstanding Balance: Also, please note that if you have an outstanding balance related to the “Forgotten Lunch” program, it is the policy of Trinity Academy to hold student report cards until the balance is cleared. If you have any questions about Hot Lunch or your account, contact Jane Currin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
July Enrichment: The final day to sign up for July enrichment courses before we cancel those that are not at the minimum enrollment required is May 31st.
LS Awards Ceremony – Wednesday, May 31 at 8:15 am in Founders Hall
- Laude Designation: Students in grades 3-6 will be recognized at the highest laude category they earned for any of the first three quarters of the year. If you look back at report cards from quarters 1-3, you’ll see the level earned each quarter. Therefore, during the awards ceremony, your child will receive recognition for the highest level of the three. (I.e. Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude and Summa Cum Laude).
- LS Awards – Other: Parents of students receiving an award other than the Laude designation (E.g. PE, music, Barnabas, Timothy, etc.) were notified by email last Friday (5/12). Regardless of whether your student is receiving an award, all are encouraged to join us in celebrating those who are being acknowledged and to stay for the 6th grade promotion ceremony that will take place afterwards (approximately 9:45 am).
Trinity student Anna G. is leading a collection of new underwear for imprisoned Kenyan women and their children, a physical need that is often unmet. More details about the collection can be found in the attachment. To read more about how Anna’s time in Kenya touched her heart for this cause, please click here.
- Collection will be Tuesday, May 30th – Thursday, June 1st
- Lower School is being asked to provide styles and sizes for boys and girls aged 5 and under
Year in Review
Just a few Twitter highlights from the year!
- 6th grade and Kindergarten working together in the garden in the fall!
- Being led by Dr. Littlejohn in songs at assembly a couple of times this year!
- Continued reading buddies for TK-1st with 4th & 5th grades along with Junior Reading Buddies for some other grade levels!
- Introduction of etiquette courses for 2nd and 4th grade including a trip to Second Empire!
- Increased opportunities to learn outside!
- Homecoming pep rallies led by Upper School students!
- Continued emphasis on student presentations in front of their class, other grades, or the Lower School!
- Applying learning in a variety of innovative ways to increase understanding and student engagement!
- Theme days such as plant day, Renaissance Day, Turkey Day, Chinese New Year, Medieval Day, Folk Tale Day, Roman Day, Hobbit Day, and Revolution Day!
- Field trips to places such as the Fire Department, the coast of North Carolina, and the Hurricane Hunter Aircraft!
- Visitors to campus to speak to students
- A Veterans Day Assembly & Presentations
- The Spelling Bee!
- Continued integration of Jr. Great Books in grades 3-5 including shared inquiry in 4th grade!
- The first year of Training Choir!
- Screenagers and the Parent Panel with a variety of resources for our community!
- A variety of chapel speakers and topics to encourage and challenge students!
Mark Your Calendars
- Friday, May 26th – Baccalaureate Service (7:30 PM in Founders Hall)
- Saturday, May 27th – Graduation (9:30 AM in Founders Hall)
- Tuesday, May 30th – Thursday, June 1st – Chini Wapi Collection
- Tuesday, May 30th – LS Field Day – 14 volunteer slots remain – please help via this link!
- Wednesday, May 31st – LS Awards Ceremony (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & 6th Grade Promotion Ceremony (9:45 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for 6th grade students
- Thursday, June 1st – End-of-year praise & worship service (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony (10:00 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for TK-5th grade students
Lower School Head