Important Lunch Note
Beginning Monday, May 22nd through the end of the school year, Trinity Academy will not be able to provide any student, who forgot their lunch, with a meal. Please be sure that you have ordered a hot lunch for the last few days of school or that you provide your student with a packed (non-microwavable) lunch.
Also, please note that if you have an outstanding balance related to the “Forgotten Lunch” program, it is the policy of Trinity Academy to hold student report cards until the balance is cleared. If you have any questions about Hot Lunch or your account, contact Jane Currin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect this summer
A couple of updates regarding items you can expect over the summer.
- ERB scores will be mailed home in July. The reports are easiest to share with parents via physical mail instead of email and will be mailed sometime after the week of July 4th.
- Class rosters and teacher assignments for 2017-18 will be shared Friday, August 4th. This is later than in past years. Historically, we enroll Lower School students through July so by waiting to finalize rosters we have flexibility with class placement for new students.
- Teachers will participate in professional development the week of June 5-9 and will check email regularly that week. Please note that over the summer, they are only expected to check email once a week or to put up an away message if it will be less frequent than that. Most will spend significant chunks of their summer working on plans and units for the following year, but it is refreshing to do so without having to check email as frequently.
- I will be accessible most of the summer; however, please schedule an appointment if you wish to meet with me. I work off-campus more often in the summer and a drop-in may not find me on campus.
- A refreshed Lower School handbook will be provided before the start of the school year. This is part of our preparation for next year’s accreditation.
Dates to mark for next year
It may seem early but there are some key dates to mark for the start of next year:
- Monday, August 21st – Lower School Parent/Teacher Meetings (parent only event) at 5:30 & 6:00 PM.
- Tuesday, August 22nd – LS Meet the Teacher from 10:00AM until noon (excellent time to bring school supplies)
- Wednesday, August 23rd – first day of school (early release); note that TK/K are in staggered entry all week
- Thursday, August 31st – Picture Day
- Monday, September 4th – No school
- Saturday, September 16th – An Exceptional Evening
- Tuesday, September 26th – Early Release (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
- Wednesday, September 27th – No school (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
Mark Your Calendars
- Week of May 15th – Senior Thesis presentations (a schedule is included in Tiger Tales. These presentations are open to visitors although we ask that no small children attend.)
- Wednesday, May 17th – Middle School Academic/Athletic Awards (8:15 AM in Founders Hall; note that 6th grade students are eligible for athletic awards)
- Friday, May 26th – Baccalaureate Service (7:30 PM in Founders Hall)
- Saturday, May 27th – Graduation (9:30 AM in Founders Hall)
- Tuesday, May 30th – LS Field Day – 18 volunteer slots remain – please help via this link!
- Wednesday, May 31st – LS Awards Ceremony (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & 6th Grade Promotion Ceremony (9:45 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for 6th grade students
- Thursday, June 1st – End-of-year praise & worship service (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony (10:00 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for students
Lower School Head