I look forward to seeing everyone next Thursday at the Lower School Choir concert! It is always exciting to have Lower School families gathered together!
Upcoming Year-End Awards
On Wednesday, May 31st, the Lower School Awards Ceremony will be held at 8:15 AM in Founders Hall. We will continue to present the same awards as last year. Parents of 3rd-6th graders who receive an academic award (one of the laude designations) will not be notified. You can know if your student will be recognized based upon the note in their report cards from quarters 1-3. Parents of students receiving a specialist award or a character award will be notified by May 12th but will not be told which award their student will be receiving. I encourage all parents to attend, even if your child is not receiving an award.
Note about 6th grade: students in 6th grade are eligible for these academic awards as part of the Lower School; they will also attend the Middle School Awards ceremony as they are eligible for athletic awards for Middle School teams.
Trinity Academy has more students display traits worthy of recognition than we have awards; the awards ceremony serves as an opportunity to celebrate the acknowledgment of others without allowing it to detract from our own personal accomplishments, whether we are called on stage to receive an award or not.
Field day volunteers are needed for May 30th! Field Day for students is 8:30 AM to noon. Volunteers need to plan to arrive by 8:00 AM to help get their station set up and to become familiar with their role for the day. Coach Martin has designed 16 stations this year and it would be ideal if there were two volunteers at each station. Thank you in advance for volunteering to give our students the best day possible!
Please use this link to sign-up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084eaaae22a7fa7-field.
NOTE: The first priority is to have one volunteer at each station. If you are the second person to sign up for a station and there ends up being a station without a volunteer, Coach Martin may have to move you to fill that other station.
Progress reports for grades 2-6 were made available in PlusPortals yesterday. Attached are directions for how to access the final progress report of the year. As a reminder, 4th quarter is not used to determine academic awards in grades 3-6.
A quick important safety reminder for the last month of school, regarding morning carpool protocol. Lower School families should only drop-off students along the curb in front of the Administration building. If you only have Lower School students, then use the left lane once you make the turn at the circle. If you have both Lower and Upper School (middle or high school) students, then use the right lane to allow you to first drop off the Upper School student closest to the Upper School buildings and then proceed to the curb to drop off your Lower School students.
ONLY families with all Upper Schoolers should use the middle parking area for morning drop-off (red rectangle). Lower School students should not be crossing at the crosswalk in the mornings. They should be dropped off curbside, for the safety of all.
Thank you for taking a few extra seconds to follow the protocol and dropping your students in the correct area. I hope the picture below will be a visual aid to remind you of the flow for morning drop-off.
Please also remember as you exit the parking lot onto Baileywick Road that the left lane is for left turns and the right lane is for right turns. Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe.
Chapel/Assembly Schedule for Remainder of the year
We would love for you to join us for our remaining chapels and assemblies! All of these will be in Founders Hall but do note that the time is not the same for all events in May.
- Wednesday, May 3rd – Assembly at 9:10 AM; 3rd grade presenting State Facts
- Wednesday, May 10th – LS Chapel at 9:10 AM; led by Trinity’s senior class
- Wednesday, May 17th – Assembly at 9:10 AM; 4th grade presenting Grammar of History
- Wednesday, May 24th – LS Chapel at 8:15 AM
- Thursday, June 1st – Praise & Worship Service at 8:15 AM
Mark Your Calendars
- Thursday, May 4th – LS Spring Concert (required event for all LS students) – 7:00 PM in Founders Hall
- Week of May 15th – Senior Thesis presentations (a schedule will be sent out later as these presentations are open to visitors although we ask that no small children attend)
- Wednesday, May 17th – Middle School Academic/Athletic Awards (8:15 AM in Founders Hall; note that 6th grade students are eligible for athletic awards)
- Friday, May 26th – Baccalaureate Service (7:30 PM in Founders Hall)
- Saturday, May 27th – Graduation (9:30 AM in Founders Hall)
- Tuesday, May 30th – LS Field Day
- Wednesday, May 31st – LS Awards Ceremony (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & 6th Grade Promotion Ceremony (9:45 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for 6th grade students
- Thursday, June 1st – End-of-year praise & worship service (8:15 AM in Founders Hall) & Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony (10:00 AM in Founders Hall); Early Release Day (11:45 AM) & last day of school for students
Lower School Head