I hope that everyone enjoys the upcoming week of Spring Break and that it is a time of refreshment for your family!
Random Bits of Information
- Reminder – parent surveys close at 5:00 PM Monday, April 3rd. Links to specialists surveys were included in last week’s LS Weekly Email and links to grade level specific teachers surveys were sent Tuesday last week.
- Each week we strive to highlight a Pertinent Article Worth Sharing (PAWS) – we welcome your submissions of articles to be considered for this section of our blog!
- Read this week’s timely article about finding beauty while on spring break!
- Our panel of three judges (2 from NCSU and 1 from UNC) had a tough time selecting the final winners from this year’s Poetry & Prose Contest but congratulations to:
- Division 1 (TK & Kindergarten): Lydia H.
- Division 2 (1st-3rd grade): Hannah L.
- Division 3 (4th-6th grade): Jon H.
- Best Overall: Hannah L.
Order Deadlines – Hot Lunch & Yearbook
HOT LUNCH: If you typically order hot lunch, please don’t forget to place your order for the week of April 10-14 by midnight on Monday, April 3 (during Spring Break). You can order now, but not after that date.
April – June Events to Note
It always amazes me how quickly the school year passes – I suddenly find myself having to plan for the end of the year! With these last few months, there are a lot of items to note that I wanted to highlight as we go into Spring Break.
- Wednesday, April 12th – Class pictures so please be sure your student is present so they can be a part of these photos!
- Friday, April 14th – (Whole School Early Release) Whole School Easter Chapel at 8:15 am in Founders Hall – please join us!
- Monday, April 17 – No School
- Wednesday, April 19th – Private Music Lessons Spring Recital – 6:30 PM in Founders Hall
- Friday, April 21st – Black & Gold Day
- Saturday, April 22nd – Second Empire 5K and Spring Fling (9:00-1:00)
- Week of April 25th – ERB Testing in the AM (grades 2-8)
- Thursday, May 4th – LS Spring Concert (Grades TK-6 required to attend) at 7:00 PM in Founders Hall
- Week of May 15th – Senior Thesis Presentations
- Note: this does not impact Lower School but I encourage you to consider attending a few (schedules will be published closer to time) as this is the culminating event for a Trinity student!
- Friday, May 26th – Baccalaureate Service – 7:30 pm Founders Hall
- Saturday, May 27th – Graduation at 9:30 AM in Founders Hall
- Monday, May 29th – No School
- Tuesday, May 30th – LS Field Day (be prepared for emails from Coach Martin as we will need volunteers to help make this an exciting day for students!)
- Wednesday, May 31st – (Early release day) LS Awards at 8:15 AM and 6th Grade Promotion at 9:45 AM
- Families of students receiving a non-academic award will be notified although all families are encouraged to attend the awards ceremony and to stay for the 6th grade promotion ceremony as that is a capstone on the grammar years of a classical education
- Thursday, June 1st – LS Praise & Worship Service
- This is a new addition this year – come join us at 8:15 AM in Founders Hall as we praise and worship together one last time before the summer begins!
- Thursday, June 1st – Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony at 10:00 AM
Lower School Head