Congratulations to Mrs. Heimbach! Trinity Academy placed 2nd in the elementary school division of the NC State Fair art competition! This is quite an accomplishment – be sure to tell Mrs. Heimbach congratulations the next time you see her!
The year is in full swing! As I email you today, two grade levels are on field trips, one at the Morehead Planetarium and the other enjoying a train ride to Discovery Place in Charlotte! We also have multiple events happening next week as we wind down the first quarter.
Invite a Friend!
As those at Exceptional Evening heard, one of the strategic pillars of Trinity Academy is a thriving future. Increased enrollment helps us realize a thriving future, particularly in Kindergarten. We encourage you to invite friends, family, neighbors, etc. who you want to learn more about Trinity, to one of the many upcoming Admissions events, such as:
- The Family Assembly/Dress Rehearsal for Grandparents’ Day on Wednesday, October 18th at 8:15 AM. This also serves as an Open House for prospective families. This is a great introduction to Trinity’s Innovative Classical Learning model. Use one of these resources to invite friends (pdf or jpg)
- The Kindergarten Open House on Friday, October 27th.This event is designed to provide additional information to families looking specifically at Kindergarten.
- Group Tours – As always, encourage prospective families to contact email@example.com with any questions they may have or to schedule a visit! A full list of group tour dates can be found online.
There are a variety of events for this upcoming week that I want to highlight.
- Book Fair – class visits on Monday & Tuesday; see full schedule for when parents can visit here
- Wax Museum – the 5th grade Wax Museum will have a dress rehearsal in Founders Hall on Monday from 12:30-1:40. Please feel free to drop-in and visit the museum during this time!
- Family Assembly/Open House – Join us Wednesday at 8:15 AM for the dress rehearsal of our Grandparents’ Day Assembly! Note that classes will have their rehearsal during the day on Tuesday so please be sure to communicate to teachers any early dismissals.
- Grandparents’ Day – Friday, October 13th is THE Day! Grandparents will enjoy an informative and entertaining program as well as a full breakfast. Please communicate to your child’s teacher, in advance, if someone other than the usual adult is picking up your child that day. Please remember that it is an early release day (11:45 dismissal).
As Trinity Academy grows, parking continues to be a challenge for our community, especially on special days such as Family Assembly and Grandparents’ Day. Here are a few practical ways that you can help!
- Remember that the middle row is the Upper School drop-off in the morning. Cars on this row will be stopping suddenly. Likewise, on the upper row, the far-right lane is for those with Upper & Lower School students, so that Upper School students can exit vehicles on the passenger side and not have to walk in front of traffic. That lane does not move as fast as the left lane of the upper row.
- There are student drivers on campus every day. Their knowledge and familiarity with how to drive is growing so please exercise patience and follow established traffic flows. There may be times that you are ready to pull out of the line and think you can do so, but that increases the chances of an accident.
- If you are parking during a time of carpool, please park in the spaces marked for 10 minutes. You will then need to walk to the crosswalk but this will help keep traffic flowing safely and smoothly.
- The afternoon carpool takes longer when vehicles are parked in the “buckle up” spaces located at the end of the carpool lane as the sidewalk ends. Unless you are parking there for the 30-90 seconds it takes for your student to safely buckle or have been directed to wait there by staff, please utilize another space to wait. When those two spaces become full the entire process slows down. Thank you for helping us, help you!
Mark Your Calendar
- Wednesday, October 18 – Dress Rehearsal for Grandparents’ Day, families are invited to attend at 8:15 am. Lower School Open House – please invite a friend!
- Friday, October 20 – Grandparents’ Day & Whole School Early Release (LS @ 11:45 am); volunteers for Grandparents’ Day can sign up here.
- Monday, October 23 – Tuesday, October 24 – Fall break (no school for students)
- Friday, October 27 – Kindergarten Open House – share this link for prospective families to RSVP
Lower School Head