Running Club – Fall Details
Running Club, organized by Coach Martin, starts next Thursday, September 14th! All students, and their families, are welcome to participate. Coach Martin will email final details on Tuesday, September 12 to those who have signed-up. Learn more and sign-up HERE. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Coach Martin any time (email@example.com)!
While the year has just started, it is time to prepare for Parent/Teacher conferences to be held on Tuesday, September 26th and Wednesday, September 27th. Please note that Tuesday (9/26) is an early release day (11:45 dismissal) for the Lower School (TK-6th grade) and that there is no school for the Lower School (Tk-6th grade) on Wednesday (9/27). Upper School has regular school days during this time.
Some important details to know:
- Today your student will be coming home with a form (bright yellow) that allows you to indicate preferred time frames for the parent/teacher conferences. Please return this form by Wednesday, September 13th so that teachers can begin to schedule conference times.
- We ask that you highlight as many time frames as possible, so that families with less flexibility can have their ideal time frame met.
- We also ask that you complete one form for each Lower School student. While that is a bit repetitive, it is easier on our teachers to have one form for each student.
- Each conference lasts 20 minutes- please be on-time as there are often multiple conferences scheduled in a row. Also, please respect that time frame and know that there is likely another parent coming in right behind you.
- 6th grade parents will meet with each teacher for 10 minutes in their respective classroom, during the 20-minute time slot.
- If you need child care for the day, Camp Trinity offers after-school care on Tuesday, beginning with the early dismissal and they also offer a “school’s out day” for $49 on Wednesday, September 27th.
Prayer for “The Care of Children”
During our all-school faculty meetings, we typically recite scripture and sing hymns together. This year, we also corporately read Common Prayers together as a faculty. I am sharing one of these prayers below, hoping you will join us in praying for the care of children. It is appropriate for parents and educators, alike.
Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the joy and care of children:
Give us calm strength and patient wisdom as we bring them up,
that we may teach them to love whatever is just and true and good,
following the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
Inclement Weather Reminder
Just a quick reminder that Trinity Academy does not follow WCPSS decisions regarding school delays and/or cancellations. The full inclement weather policy is attached.
Mark Your Calendar
- Saturday, September 16th – An Exceptional Evening, 6pm Founders Hall – The event is full. If you have RSVP’d and your plans have changed, please contact Courtney Woodfin at firstname.lastname@example.org right away. If you still want to attend, you can be added to the Waitlist by clicking this LINK.
- Tuesday, September 26th – Early Release (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
- Wednesday, September 27th – No school (for LS only) for Parent/Teacher conferences
- Friday, October 6 – PATT Fall Family Picnic and Homecoming
Lower School Head