Lower School Basketball Night – Friday, December 1st
Details about the Lower School Basketball Night on Friday, December 1st are attached (with actual email) along with a concessions order form. A paper copy of the concessions order form will go home with students the week of November 27th.
Friday, December 1st will be a Black & Gold Day for the entire Lower School (TK-6th grade).
Hot Lunch Reminder
With the Thanksgiving break upon us, please don’t forget to place your hot lunch order for the week of November 27-December 1 by midnight on Monday, November 20.
We Need You!
On Friday, March 9, 2018 Trinity Academy will host a Career Day for our high school students. We are seeking parents and alumni who are willing to share their career path story with our students. The event runs from 9-11:30 am. If you are interested in being a part of this exciting event, please click here. This is a great networking opportunity for you and a way to invest in our Trinity students. If you need more information, contact Susan Dougherty.
Private Lessons Recital
For students participating in the private lessons program through Camp Trinity, their Winter Recital is on Wednesday, December 6th at 6:30 PM in Founders Hall. This recital will also include the first performances of Trinity Academy’s String Ensemble, which began this year! Given the growth of this program, the night will be structured as follows: piano performances, (10 minute) intermission, and then strings and guitar will perform in the second half of the recital.
Technology Focus – Social Media & Screen Time
Over the last few weeks, I have highlighted technology as it pertains to the Lower School specifically and also shared numerous reflections on how a classical education aligns to the skills required in an increasingly tech-based world. This week, my focus shifts to sharing resources with you, to ponder, as you make technology decisions that impact your family. Given that these decisions must match a family’s values and personal choices, the articles are provided for your own reflection, without comment from me. I encourage you to skim the list of articles, picking some to read now and identifying others to save for later. The lists are broken into two categories: one on social media and the other on the impacts of screen time. I also suggest that you contact a few other parents and read some of the same articles so that you can engage in conversation with each other around these topics.
Additional resources on this topic, from the Screenagers: Continuing the Conversation event hosted by Trinity in February 2017, can be found here. Resources on this link include a discussion on internet safety with board member & lawyer Mrs. Samantha Kilpatrick in addition to an audio of a panel discussing answers to questions including:
- What are some rules your family has instituted?
- What rights does a parent have regarding posts about their child?
- What age do you plan to give your child a smartphone?
The panel consisted of several Trinity parents and a representative from the State Bureau of Investigations. A transcript of when the questions are asked appears so that you can jump directly to the questions that you want to hear the answers, if you do not have time to listen to the entire panel.
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, November 20th–Friday, November 24th – No school- Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, November 29th – LS Assembly (pep rally for basketball)
- Friday, December 1st – Lower School Basketball Spirit Night (5:10-7:00 PM; details attached); Black & Gold Day
- Wednesday, December 6th – Winter Student (private lesson) Recital (6:30 PM in Founders Hall)
- Thursday, December 14th – Lessons & Carols service at 7 PM at Christ Baptist Church
- Friday, December 15 – Grandparent Prayer Breakfast 9 AM in the Atrium (Invitation can be viewed here and Grandparents can RSVP here).
- Wednesday, December 20th – All-School Christmas Chapel in Founders Hall, 8:15 AM
Lower School Head