US Choral Concert: “Creation Sings” is the theme for an evening of music from our Middle and High School choirs. Our ensembles, Harmonia and Cantus will also be performing. The evening starts at 7pm in Founders Hall on Thursday, November 16th. Plan now to join us!
LS Basketball Night: We will have a Lower School Basketball night on Friday, December 1st. This event is aligned with the Varsity Women’s Basketball game and will begin at 5:10 PM and end around 7:00 PM. More details will be sent closer to time but I wanted to make sure you all were able to mark this on your calendar.
Lessons & Carols: Our Lessons & Carols service will be on Thursday, December 14th at 7:00 PM at Christ Baptist Church. A few important details about this event:
- Students will be rehearsing off-campus that day so please avoid any late arrivals or early dismissals if at all possible; if one cannot be avoided, be in communication with your child’s teacher to make sure that you know where you need to pick them up.
- This event is curricular for grades K-6 as it is one of the performances associated with our music program and is therefore required for students. If a student is unable to attend, please communicate with Kathleen Nelson regarding an alternate assignment your child can complete for class credit. Note that given their age this is not a required event for TK.
- This event is open to the public and a great opportunity to invite extended family or neighbors!
Events on Wednesday, December 20th: There are several events associated with this day:
- All-school Christmas chapel in Founders Hall at 8:15 AM
- Lower School classroom parties in classrooms for roughly the last hour of the day
- Early release for all students (11:45 AM for Lower School students) and no lunch
Technology Focus – STEM, Humanities, and Careers
A classical approach to education embraces all content areas, seeing each as foundational for developing a well-rounded young adult. While many schools emphasize one section of content over another, we seek to provide a pathway of engagement for all students that allows them to transform tomorrow. Students are able to pursue Advanced Placement courses in content areas including math (Calculus AB and Computer Principles), language, humanities (US History, European History), science (Chemistry), and AP Studio Art in addition to a variety of honors courses, throughout different content areas. Supporting their advanced coursework are unique courses and experiences such as logic, rhetoric, apologetics, Christian ethics, and senior writing/thesis – these opportunities prepare students to excel in all fields!
Recently published articles discuss how skills, often associated with liberal arts degrees, are in high demand, even for fields traditionally assumed to be tech based. Many of these align to our approach to preparing graduates with transferrable skills, such as reasoning, persuasion, and public speaking. For more information on this (including links to some of the articles), please read more here.
Mark Your Calendar
- Wednesday, November 15th – LS Chapel at 8:15 AM (Pastor Jared Trumbo speaking)
- Thursday, November 16th – Upper School Choral Concert (7 PM in Founders Hall)
- Monday, November 20th–Friday, November 24th – No school- Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 1st – Lower School Basketball Spirit Night (5:10-7:00 PM; details coming in a future weekly email)
- Thursday, December 14th – Lessons & Carols service at 7 PM at Christ Baptist Church
- Wednesday, December 20th – All-School Christmas Chapel in Founders Hall, 8:15 AM
Lower School Head