A reminder that all students must be picked up by an adult (or Camp Trinity) before joining any homecoming festivities this afternoon. An older sibling who drives to school can pick up a Lower School student. Also, donations for Puerto Rico are being collected until 4:00 PM today.
Community at Trinity
The “Trinity Difference” is often seen in our unique community atmosphere. Here are a few examples:
- The beauty of parent-teacher conferences – where parents and teachers, sitting around a table together, forge a relationship that allows them to partner together to seek the child’s best.
- The 12-TK experience – seen Tuesday when Upper School students engaged with Lower School students through small pep rallies that allowed them to build community across divisions and grade levels. More fun will come this afternoon during the shared, whole-school Pep Rally.
- Families enjoying fellowship, food, fun and serving together – coming today at the PATT Fall Family Picnic and Homecoming on the Trinity fields. There is something for everyone to do while engaging in conversation with friends old and new. It promises to be a beautiful day in more ways than just the weather.
- Extended family engagement – through upcoming events like Grandparents Day, the Grandparent Prayer Breakfast and more.
Thank you for your engagement in our community of faith and learning!
Veterans Day Observance
Last year’s first Veterans Day assembly was coupled with additional opportunities, such as hearing from Trinity parents who serve(d) in the armed forces and seeing the NCSU ROTC perform a flag ceremony. We are in the planning stages for this year’s assembly and extra opportunities but need your help! Please complete this survey if you:
- Are on active duty, on reserve, or are a Veteran
- Had a parent or other close family member serve and would be willing to consider sharing some of their story
- Would be willing to contact various groups about attending or presenting at our assembly
- Would be willing to participate in the assembly or in smaller group activities throughout the day
Please plan to join us Friday, November 10th at 8:15am for our Veterans Day Assembly. Invite others to attend or participate by sharing this link with them.
PATT is hosting a Book Fair the week of October 16th. During the class visit, students will have the opportunity to purchase books and to create wish lists. Student and teacher wish lists will be kept at the book fair for parents/grandparents to use. The book fair will be located at the end of Building B (the building with classrooms for grades 3-5). Times to visit are as follows:
- Individual classes (TK-5) will visit the Book Fair sometime during the week
- Open to all immediately after school Monday, October 16 from 2:45-3:30 & Tuesday, October 17 from 2:00-3:30.
- On Wednesday, October 18 the book fair will be open immediately following the Family Assembly as well as after school until 6:00 PM.
- Open to all at the conclusion of Grandparents Day on Friday, October 20th from 8:00-11:45.
Please note that the books being sold do not represent an endorsement from Trinity or PATT. The vendor has over 2400 titles, so we will not be familiar with every book available for sale. If you would like to research the appropriateness of a book for your family, we recommend the following websites: classicalreader.com , redeemedreader.com or pluggedin.com .
If you would like to volunteer to help with the book fair, please sign up via this link.
A few quick reminders as Grandparents Day (October 20) rapidly approaches:
- If your child’s grandparents cannot attend, you are welcome to send a “substitute” grandparent for the day such as a neighbor, aunt/uncle, etc. Out of respect for the day, we do ask that the “substitute” not be a parent. Please have them RSVP to 919.786.0114 ext. 120 or email@example.com.
- At the conclusion of Grandparents Day, brief classroom visits by grandparents are encouraged. If your child will be picked up by their grandparent (or substitute grandparent) please communicate with your child’s teacher so they will release your student to their grandparent when they visit the classroom.
- If you would like to see what grandparents will see, you are invited to the dress rehearsal on Wednesday, October 18th at 8:15 am in Founders Hall. This “Family Assembly” includes an Open House so invite a neighbor or friend to join you. Please have them RSVP here.
- Parent volunteers are needed to help with all facets of Grandparents Day. Please see all the ways you can help here.
Our first strings ensemble classes started this week! It is not too late to sign up! There are two levels: beginner string class/ensemble and an intermediate ensemble. Read full program details and sign up here.
Mark Your Calendar
- Friday, October 6 – PATT Fall Family Picnic and Homecoming (read updated schedule here); last day to provide donations for Puerto Rico
- Wednesday, October 11th – Alice in Wonderland performance sponsored by PATT
- Wednesday, October 18 – Dress Rehearsal for Grandparents’ Day, families are invited to attend at 8:15 am. Lower School Open House – please invite a friend!
- Friday, October 20 – Grandparents’ Day & Whole School Early Release (LS @ 11:45 am)
- Monday, October 23 – Tuesday, October 24 – Fall break (no school for students)
Lower School Head